We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi there,

i just installed 0.9.7 from svn (rev. 3776). Setup runs fine, but at the end i got a blank screen. Is that normal?
    Now i get this, when i try to get to the manager:

Warning: modContext::include(/var/www/sites/modx/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php) [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/sites/modx/core/model/modx/modcontext.class.php on line 46
    mainly the same on the frontend.

System looks like this:
    PHP Version 5.2.0-8+etch11
    mysql: Server Version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch5-log
    Apache Version 2.2.3
    • See http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/MODx097/Development+and+Testing+Notes, specifically:
      NOTE: The actual install process requires more than the default 8M of memory allocated to PHP in many default php.ini files; if you get a blank page when you click "install", try increasing the memory_limit configuration to 32M or more (16M may work, but why not give php a little space, eh?).
        • 1 Posts
        Trying to install v2 Revolution / alpha-3 that I downloaded from SVN.

I’m getting the same problem with : context.cache.php
        [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream:

I’m running on windows (dev environment) using VertrigoServ. I set the PHP memory_limit to 128M, but still seeing a blank page on the last leg of install at:
        /setup/index.php?action=install

Any advice?
        • Quote from: techpop at Aug 07, 2008, 04:31 AM

Any advice?
          Did you restart Apache after changing your php.ini? Did you confirm the memory_limit was raised via php_info()? Never heard of VertrigoServ and not much information about the environment is available on their website. What versions of PHP/MySQL etc. are involved?
            • 16 Posts
            I think I’ve got the same problem.

Got files from SVN today (15. aug. 2008) with TortoiseSVN.

I’ve taken a look at http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Fresh+Installation and tried those.
            I’ve actually got it working before with version 097 a couple of months ago, by following that information.
            But now I can’t get it working.

When trying to setup, the install always ends up blank after it says OK to everything (modx_ prefix OK etc).

When I try to reload the blank install page (localhost/modx2/setup/index.php?action=install):
            Warning: modContext::include(C:/xampp/htdocs/modx2/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php) [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46

Warning: modContext::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/xampp/htdocs/modx2/core/cache/mgr/context.cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46

Fatal error: Call to a member function install() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\setup\includes\modinstall.class.php on line 543

When I try to load the website it self (localhost/modx2/):
            Warning: modContext::include(C:/xampp/htdocs/modx2/core/cache/web/context.cache.php) [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46

Warning: modContext::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/xampp/htdocs/modx2/core/cache/web/context.cache.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46

Fatal error: Call to a member function execute() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\modx2\core\model\modx\modx.class.php on line 2514

The only folder in core is logs. No mgr, web or model folders

I’m using:
            XAMPP for Windows Version 1.6.2
            PHP Version 5.2.2
            System: Windows NT 5.1 build 2600
            memory_limit: 32M
              Freelance Multimedia Designer
              MODx - Wordpress
              www.victorjonsson.dk
              • 3 Posts
              Same story here (fresh svn checkout 3927, chmod -R ugo+w ~/revolution): install ends on blank page (mem=128MB)

hel@xyzzy:~/revolution/core/cache$ ls -l
              -rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data   73 2008-08-15 13:16 config.cache.php
              -rw-rw-rw- 1 hel      hel        69 2008-08-15 13:09 index.html
              drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 2008-08-15 13:16 logs

Also... while installing
              = I can’t select ’upgrade existing install’
              = I can’s select ’Core Package has been manually unpacked’ (could be related to the install problems)
              • victorjonsson/hansel:

Do you have a core/cache/logs/error.log file? If so, is there anything revealing recorded there?

Were these both clean installs or were you both attempting upgrades?
                  • 3 Posts
                  I just started a clean install from svn: 3933 (was 3927)...
                  It works now...

I think that in my previous attempt I forgot the following steps:
                  (from http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/Development+and+Testing+Notes)

cd revolution/_build/
                  cp build.config.sample.php build.config.php
                  php transport.core.php

Sorry OpenGeek...

Continue the good work!
                  Hans.