We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 63 Posts
    Hi !

In order to try the new version of ModX, I installed it locally on a USB key running XAMPP. The idea being that I can move anywhere with this key, plug it, configure XAMPP then work locally. It did work ok with previous ModX versions.

However, after changer the various "config.core.php" files, I only get a blank screen, when the key is plugged in another computer. All other locally installed application work, only ModX 097 keeps showing nothing. Anybody knows how to solve this ?

Thanks !
    • Quote from: Thalion at May 27, 2008, 12:58 PM

Hi !

In order to try the new version of ModX, I installed it locally on a USB key running XAMPP. The idea being that I can move anywhere with this key, plug it, configure XAMPP then work locally. It did work ok with previous ModX versions.

However, after changer the various "config.core.php" files, I only get a blank screen, when the key is plugged in another computer. All other locally installed application work, only ModX 097 keeps showing nothing. Anybody knows how to solve this ?

Thanks !
      You would also have to modify your core/config/config.inc.php (or core/config/MODX_CONFIG_KEY.inc.php) as this requires absolute paths unlike the legacy config files.
        • 63 Posts
        I changed it, but I realized I made a mistake.
        Thanks, it works fine now !