We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 145 Posts
    After a seemingly successful installation of 0.9.7 alpha-1 I click the login button as instructed, but the /manager/ page is blank.

Any ideas about this?

Running PHP Version 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3 on Apache 2.2.4 with mysql 5.0.45

Please help me out. I can’t wait to try this new version.

Edit: Just checked it out in Safari and it gives me "The error was: “unknown error” (CFURLErrorDomain:302)"
      • 43 Posts
      Do you have the pdo and pdo_mysql extensions? I had that same problem when I was using ubuntu, apparently ubuntu didn’t include them in php5 or something. I always got errors trying to install them with PECL, finally switch to a different distro and it worked.
      • There are indeed some troublesome PHP distributions that include PDO but do not have the PDO MySQL driver configured (despite being an obvious PHP/MySQL setup). To resolve the issue, MODx 0.9.7 offers two solutions: one use a properly configured PHP/MySQL setup that includes the proper PDO MySQL driver, or define a constant to force usage of the PDO emulation classes included with xPDO. You can easily do this by locating the three config.core.php files (./config.core.php, ./manager/config.core.php, and ./connectors/config.core.php) and adding the line:

<?php
        define('XPDO_MODE', 2);
        ?>

This turns on xPDO’s emulated PDO mode which works in PHP 4 and in PHP 5 when PDO is not available or improperly configured.

If that doesn’t work, that likely is not the problem. Also make sure you have more than 8M specified in your php memory_limit (recommend 32M or more).
          • 145 Posts
          Pdo drivers enabled: mysql, sqlite, sqlite2

PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version: 5.0.45

It may be worth noting that when I ran the installer I still had the old htaccess file on there, which contained the line

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

I don’t know if this messes somthing up with the manager. I removed the old htaccess and reinstalled but the issue persists.

I will try your suggestion OpenGeek and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the advice. laugh
            • 145 Posts
            Gah! Tried to add the line as per OpenGeek’s intructions.

Still no joy.

Same error as before. This is starting to get annoying. sad
            • Quote from: danielw at May 19, 2008, 03:51 PM

Gah! Tried to add the line as per OpenGeek’s intructions.

Still no joy.

Same error as before. This is starting to get annoying. sad
              Not sure what to tell you, but we have it working good in a variety of environments. Sounds to me more like an issue with your browser; perhaps you are blocking js or have Firebug enabled?
                • 145 Posts
                Hey, no worries. Thanks for the help anyway. I guess you must be swamped with support requests right now.

Firbug was enabled, but disabling it has no effect. Tested in IE6, FF2, FF3beta5 and Safari and does not work in any of them.

I suppose I’ll just have to wait for the beta version and hope that the problem clears itself up.
                • Then it’s definitely a server related issue, and any additional input about your configuration, compared against the instructions we’ve provided for installing the alpha, would sure go along way in helping us make the beta work in your environment, or at least identifying the problem so we can document it clearly.
                    • 805 Posts
                    I just downloaded modx-0.9.7 alpha from svn and tried a new install (not an upgrade of an existing installation.) Everything worked fine up until hitting install. Then I got a blank page. When I browse to the root of the install (http://localhost/modx-0.9.7-alpha/) I get:

Warning: modContext::include(Q:/USB/xampp/htdocs/modx-0.9.7-alpha/core/cache/web/context.cache.php) [function.modContext-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Q:\USB\xampp\htdocs\modx-0.9.7-alpha\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46

Warning: modContext::include() [function.include]: Failed opening ’Q:/USB/xampp/htdocs/modx-0.9.7-alpha/core/cache/web/context.cache.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.;Q:\USB\xampp\php\pear\’) in Q:\USB\xampp\htdocs\modx-0.9.7-alpha\core\model\modx\modcontext.class.php on line 46
                    [2008-07-30 00:37:18] (FATAL/modx-0.9.7-alpha/index.php) The requested resource has no valid content type specified. RESOURCE: Array ( [id] => [type] => document [contentType] => text/html [pagetitle] => [longtitle] => [description] => [alias] => [link_attributes] => [published] => [pub_date] => 0 [unpub_date] => 0 [parent] => 0 [isfolder] => [introtext] => [content] => [richtext] => 1 [template] => 1 [menuindex] => 0 [searchable] => 1 [cacheable] => 1 [createdby] => 0 [createdon] => 0 [editedby] => 0 [editedon] => 0 [deleted] => [deletedon] => 0 [deletedby] => 0 [publishedon] => 0 [publishedby] => 0 [menutitle] => [donthit] => [haskeywords] => [hasmetatags] => [privateweb] => [privatemgr] => [content_dispo] => 0 [hidemenu] => 0 [class_key] => modDocument [context_key] => [content_type] => 1 )

I also have:
                    PDO drivers mssql, mysql, sqlite2
                    PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version 5.0.45

I have only tried installing from the Opera browser.

Cheers,

Paul
                      YAMS: Yet Another Multilingual Solution for MODx
                      YAMS Forums | Latest: YAMS 1.1.9 | YAMS Documentation
                      Please consider donating if you appreciate the time and effort spent developing and supporting YAMS.
                    • Your PHP memory_limit must be >= 32M right now in order to run the installer. This is due to the PclZip library that is currently being used to provide compression/decompression. It uses in-memory techniques (rather than temp files) for speed; but trades the need for larger amounts of memory.

The rest is expected if the install does not complete normally.