We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 64 Posts
    brandonm38119 Reply #1, 16 years ago
    this might be a really stupid question, but where are the assets/XXXXX folders stored now in 097 (e.g. images, files, media, snippets)? are these folders supposed to be manually set-up after installation. i am using the full unpacked installation method.
    • Quote from: bmcneill at Apr 30, 2008, 05:46 PM

this might be a really stupid question, but where are the assets/XXXXX folders stored now in 097 (e.g. images, files, media, snippets)? are these folders supposed to be manually set-up after installation. i am using the full unpacked installation method.
      No longer part of the core. Add-ons and extensions are now responsible for defining/creating any file locations. Even the assets directory itself will be a configurable location, by context.
        • 4,149 Posts
        splittingred Reply #3, 16 years ago
        Quote from: bmcneill at Apr 30, 2008, 05:46 PM

It’s wherever you want it to be, even nowhere. rolleyes

Like Jason said, the assets/ directory no longer exists, because it doesn’t need to. Everything is configurable now.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 64 Posts
          brandonm38119 Reply #4, 16 years ago
          so, since the image template variables previously used mcpuk for file browsing, i guess this add-on is not included in this core distribution (which would be reason that nothing happens when i try to browse for an image)? is this incorrect assumption? when pcpuk is added, will this add-on create the directories that are needed?
          • Quote from: bmcneill at Apr 30, 2008, 06:14 PM

so, since the image template variables previously used mcpuk for file browsing, i guess this add-on is not included in this core distribution (which would be reason that nothing happens when i try to browse for an image)? is this incorrect assumption? when pcpuk is added, will this add-on create the directories that are needed?
            There is a new, built-in resource browser made with ExtJS that will replace MCPuk (good riddance) for 0.9.7+. You likely just need to establish some folders and then configure the rb_base_dir and rb_base_path settings in your Configuration.
              • 4,205 Posts
              Just to make sure I did not miss something...there "is" or there "will be" a new browser?

BTW - I just have to say how much I am liking the alpha release, I have not had so much fun messing around with a new app for a long time. grin
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 64 Posts
                brandonm38119 Reply #7, 16 years ago
                Quote from: dev_cw at Apr 30, 2008, 06:44 PM

Just to make sure I did not miss something...there "is" or there "will be" a new browser?

BTW - I just have to say how much I am liking the alpha release, I have not had so much fun messing around with a new app for a long time. grin

i second that. this new manager is hands-down just awesome.
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  splittingred Reply #8, 16 years ago
                  Quote from: dev_cw at Apr 30, 2008, 06:44 PM

There is, but it currently hooks into TinyMCE (just like the old one), so you have to get that up and working first.
                    shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com