We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 358 Posts
    I’m impressed! Installed it with no problem, converted a 096 template to 097 syntax, edited some settings in manager, added a few documents and now I got a (very small) modX 097 site up and running. No problems so far, all working fine. smiley

It’s well documented, and there are so much to play with! This is fun!

Edit: Be sure to log out and log in again into manager before trying to add documents and other. Or just refresh contents... wink
    • The login/logout shuffle sounds like a bug. Could you file a report in the new bug tracker for this issue? Thanks in advance (and for the report, too!). smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 358 Posts
        I was just going to remove my note above. The problem was that the left panel isn’t updated when saving a document. Or... I’m not really sure what happend! Was to excited... will check for it on next install.
        • Right; you can use the "Refresh" button. You don’t need to log in/log out.
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 615 Posts
            Quote from: Uncle68 at Apr 30, 2008, 12:09 PM

I’m impressed! Installed it with no problem, converted a 096 template to 097 syntax, edited some settings in manager, added a few documents and now I got a (very small) modX 097 site up and running. No problems so far, all working fine. smiley

It’s well documented, and there are so much to play with! This is fun!

I totally agree! This is fun! grin  Of course there are thing that need changes, but thats well explained in the releasedocs since this is an alpha. I installed it with no problem in XAMPP, made my first small template, my first document and its up running. Great. Every bug I find will be reported, but none found so far.

A BIG Thank You to the developers for making this alpha available for us so quickly.  laugh
              I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
              • 135 Posts
              I have to agree... usually when I think of alpha software I think of crashes, and normally stay away from it. I installed MODx 097 alpha from SVN on WAMP and it went without a hitch... and now I’m in the process of replacing the legacy dbapi calls with the new PDO stuff... so far so good! I noticed a couple of bugs, but nothing big, and most of which were already reported in the tracker before I got a chance. tongue

The new core looks rock-solid -- thanks MODx devs! laugh
              • Thanks for the votes of confidence, and your participation. We decided to release as alpha for now because we wanted to:

• a) indicate that the branch is not quite feature complete
                • b) have a phase of interactive development with component developers and testers before we commit to the new baseline API’s
                • c) be confident in the stability and security of the completely rewritten core, which will only come from getting more eyes on it
                • d) want to release beta with more robust product documentation, as well as more formal contribution policies and processes