We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,624 Posts
    Just tried the new modx 0.9.7 manager interface.

It’s not fast at ALL comparing to the old one.

Also, where can I enter bugs for this version?

Thx
      • 7,075 Posts
      I moved your topic in the proper board, you’ll probably get an answer faster wink

The manager IS way faster on my end...

Which build did you export ?
      Which browser did you suffer this speed issues ?
      Did you have FireBug enabled ?

As far as reporting bugs is concerned, you’ll have to wait a little till the alpha is public, we have new infrastructure for reporting bugs and it’s not opened yet (at least not to my knowledge).

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 1,624 Posts
        Hi davidm,

I just followed the instruction at http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/MODx097/Development+and+Testing+Notes
        It seems that you were right about firebug

I tested it in firefox(no firebug), safari and camino and feels fast.

Can’t wait for the release

• 7,075 Posts
          Yeah firebug is great for development but it slows down js powered interfaces.

Maybe you noticed GMail now has just added a warning for this when you have firebug on wink
          Which makes me think... we should do the same !

MODx est l'outil id
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: davidm at Apr 25, 2008, 02:34 PM

Maybe you noticed GMail now has just added a warning for this when you have firebug on wink
            Which makes me think... we should do the same !
            Yes.. that would be good.. Unfortunately FireBug doesn’t provide any "official" means to detect it though (AFAIK). It is possible to detect FireBugs console log object for example, but such things may change in future versions of FireBug. But still.. it would be good to have.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 7,075 Posts
              You mean whatever Google did to detect it, it will have to be updated frequently ?

MODx est l'outil id
                • 4,213 Posts
                Yes, that’s what I mean.. although don’t know how probable it is that the firebug console object would change.. also firebug makes window.console available, so that’s one to check too.. but yeah.. it’s not a perfect solution to check it. At least last time that I looked into it (at the time google added the notification, few moths ago), firebug did not offer any official way to check if firebug is enabled or not.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  OK thanks for the explanations smiley

Funny, you say several months ? I didn’t get any notification until very recently (it happened along with the new updated interface), strange...

MODx est l'outil id
                    • 4,205 Posts
                    I got into the habit of only turning firebug on when I want to check something since it seems to really slow down my browser at times.
                      [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                      Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                      • 4,213 Posts
                      Quote from: davidm at Apr 28, 2008, 12:17 PM

OK thanks for the explanations smiley

Funny, you say several months ? I didn’t get any notification until very recently (it happened along with the new updated interface), strange...
                      Yeah.. I noticed that you had seen it just now.. I saw it sometimes end of last year for the first time.. I think.

Here’s one article about it: http://www.seifi.org/javascript/sniff-and-disable-firebug-howto-gmail-example.html