We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,149 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at May 07, 2008, 02:48 PM

In between releases, improvements get made to the features/bugfixing branch, then merged into trunk once tested or it’s time to work on additional feature branches, then tagged as a release from trunk... right Shaun/Jason?

Right.
      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
    • There goes the web designer and marketer making development suggestions to the developers. grin

Anyway, I guess my point is from a marketing perspective that offering infrequent releases in Alpha while all development and fixes are on the public head seems counterintuitive for me. They way I perceive it is that people are being told to download and play with alpha but are trying to do things they might need to be using the head for, no?

I guess from my experience with Beta testing that btesters just use and report bugs and don’t try to use the beta to fix. Is this right? I’ll drop it just trying to understand.

Cheers,

Jay
        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
      • The first alpha release was last week... there should be another one soon to get all the fixes out there. You’re going to see much more proactivity on the release-early/often front. wink
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • Wasn’t at all being critical or suggesting otherwise. Just trying to understand how it works.
            Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
          • No critical comment consider or implied!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me