We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Quote from: doze at Mar 15, 2010, 11:45 AM

Sorry for little off topic, but these two doesn’t seem to go very well together wink

Quote from: wowzow at Mar 14, 2010, 06:47 PM

I’m soooooooo lazy. laugh

Quote from: wowzow at Mar 14, 2010, 06:47 PM

turn the modx manager UI into more of a "virtual business desktop" .... run all their online apps .... vtiger crm, pbooks online accounting, email, existing custom client databases, blah, blah, etc.

How will you be able to create all that if you don’t have the energy to do simple html forms and couple controllers smiley

lol. thanks for the chuckle.

Wait. Perhaps you’re right-- I should manually code each of the 400+ forms for vtiger’s tables by hand. grin
    • Quote from: wowzow at Mar 15, 2010, 09:52 PM

There’s no plan to touch the core, or any code in modx for that matter. I’d simply make a folder called ’app’ and there would reside 95% of the custom code + all the apps code. The adapter pattern is a wonderful thing to keep my chocolate, outta your peanut butter. ;o)

Wouldn’t giving each app it’s own custom manager page in the backend make the most sense to an novice endu ser of a ’business desktop’? (say a different tab per app, or some such gui convention) e.g. Login to the backend, and voila, there sits all your usual modx cms controls for your website. Along with a tabbed series of cpm’s for each of your biz apps to control your empire. No?

Am I simplifying it too much? It made such perfect sense in my head. smiley
      I think you need to read the 3PC tutorials for MODx; all of this you are referring to (besides your frivolous use of the words "business desktop" which made me think you wanted to create a desktop meme to replace the manager UI) is already doable in MODx except automatically generating the forms. And if you can create a form generator that can automatically create usable forms for MODx 3PCs with no manual customization per form for an external application with 400 tables (head explodes trying to imagine how that db design created), I will be impressed.