We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 49 Posts
    I’ve noticed that building a MakeForm with excluded fields still outputs all of the fields to HTML - the excluded fields are of type ’hidden’. For my money, this is a potential security risk.

Is there a way to truly prevent the excluded fields from being output as HTML?

I can see how to hack the MakeForm Class to accomplish this. I would change this (line 116):
                    if (!$isRelated && in_array($key, $this->exclude)) {
                        $meta['hidden']= 1;
                    } elseif ($isRelated && in_array(strtolower($elementClass) . '.' . $key, $this->exclude)) {
                        $meta['hidden']= 1;
                    }

$value= $object->get($key);
                    $this->buildElementFromObject($elements, $elementClass, $elementKey, $foreignKey, $key, $value, $meta);

To this:
                    if (!$isRelated && in_array($key, $this->exclude)) {
                        $meta['hidden']= 1;
                    } elseif ($isRelated && in_array(strtolower($elementClass) . '.' . $key, $this->exclude)) {
                        $meta['hidden']= 1;
                    }else{
                    $value= $object->get($key);
                    $this->buildElementFromObject($elements, $elementClass, $elementKey, $foreignKey, $key, $value, $meta);
    }

But I’m not sure how this would affect using the MakeForm object. Also, core hacks are generally out for me. Is there a way to extend the MakeForm Class and re-define the _setFormObject() function?