We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Hello!

I’am building large site, but without any admin panel, users login, user settings...etc. So is xpdo still good to use, or is more suitable for modx simillar sites.
    I need just DB layer with good error handling.
    • Quote from: MasterzDee at Jan 25, 2008, 06:45 PM

I’am building large site, but without any admin panel, users login, user settings...etc. So is xpdo still good to use, or is more suitable for modx simillar sites.
      I need just DB layer with good error handling.
      Absolutely! xPDO is suitable to use as a standalone O/RM, or with legacy 0.9.x series sites (I use it in snippets to connect to models of custom tables in a variety of sites), and it even works great with Smarty (I believe splittingred can discuss how his custom Ext-Smarty-xPDO framework uses it, and I know of at least 1 other project where the developer used xPDO and Smarty to completely replace the front-end views for an osCommerce site), etc.

If you are using native PDO with xPDO (recommended, but not required), you can set the error handling on the PDO object through xPDO in the same way you would using PDO without xPDO. As for the O/RM layer, I’m not going to rave about the error handling, it definitely needs more thought and work, but I believe it does a fair job.