We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 194 Posts
    <<PHEW!!>> (massive sign of relief laugh) Thanks guys. Works a treat.
      • 194 Posts
      oh no. i spoke too soon sad. modx now runs, but xpdo won’t work at all. i get the following when it tries to query the db:

[2007-05-15 20:01:27] (DEBUG) Returning table name: `pfp`.`pfp_property` for class: Property [2007-05-15 20:01:27] (DEBUG) Attempting to execute query using PDO statement object: SELECT `Property`.`id` AS `Property_id`, `Property`.`addr1` AS `Property_addr1`, `Property`.`addr2` AS `Property_addr2`, `Property`.`addr3` AS `Property_addr3`, `Property`.`city` AS `Property_city`, `Property`.`county` AS `Property_county`, `Property`.`country` AS `Property_country`, `Property`.`post_code` AS `Property_post_code`,  `Property`.`students` AS `Property_students`, `Property`.`professionals` AS `Property_professionals`, `Property`.`sale_price` AS `Property_sale_price`, `Property`.`ppm` AS `Property_ppm`, `Property`.`ppw` AS `Property_ppw`,  `Property`.`num_rooms` AS `Property_num_rooms`, `Property`.`num_reception_rooms` AS `Property_num_reception_rooms`, `Property`.`num_bathrooms` AS `Property_num_bathrooms`, `Property`.`type` AS `Property_type`, `Property`.`short_description` AS `Property_short_description`, `Property`.`long_description` AS `Property_long_description`  FROM `pfp`.`pfp_property` AS `Property` WHERE `Property`.`doc_id` = ? Array ( [0] => Array ( [value] => 419 [type] => 1 [length] => 0 ) )
      [2007-05-15 20:01:27] (ERROR) Error SQLER executing statement: Array ( [0] => SQLER [1] => 1142 [2] => SELECT command denied to user 'username'@'localhost' for table 'pfp_property' )

i can’t work this out. i’m sure i’m using the right username and password since if i change them to wrong values, modx won’t run at all. but is this a permissions issue? modx is working fine, and the components i’ve coded using sql are working fine. i can’t work out why xpdo isn’t working.

xpdo is running using the emulation for pdo, and i’ve upgraded to rev 35.
      • First, if your provider is offering PDO and MySQL but not installing the PDO driver, that’s ludicrous, as I’ve said before and will continue to say...

Regardless, are you using the same db and credentials for MODx and your xPDO model? Also that error screams permission problems for the dbuser...but without a lot more info about your environment, I don’t have a clue why that would happen...
          • 194 Posts
          ok, so it was a false alarm. thanks for your help. i hadn’t quite got the right connection info in there.

as for pdo, it is stupid they don’t have the mysql driver installed. to be honest, i’m not too impressed with the hosts, but anyway...