We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I tested export to CVS then import to Excel successfully long time ago, I'm sure you also do the same. Ditsformsaver does help you export data by "," or tab delimiter, just check the option. As I've tested again, Libre Cal did the job so simple that made me surprised, not like the way Excel did. I open the CVS file and all data nested to columns right there, no need any more step. If you still stuck at opening with excel, then try open cvs with google docs, I think it's another way to get thing done.
      • 131 Posts
      I got this error message while trying to use this plugins
      I am using modx 2.1.2pl traditional

Any helps would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• 90 Posts
        Just downloaded this add-on. It still has the same problem as identified above by xgenvn. Thanks for heads up and thanks to nepheus for sql import. Works perfectly now.
          David Heriot
          pfsmedia
          • 90 Posts
          I tried this again on another project running modx 2.2.5 and ran into the same problem. I managed to find the sql and again it corrected the problem. However I noticed that the sql isn't available in this thread anymore so for anyone else that needs it, here it is.

Message to dits however: this is a useful little addon. Can you update maybe?

thanks

David Heriot
            David Heriot
            pfsmedia
          • @faolie: I think MODx really need a decent form saving addons as it's a good tool for dealing with multi form across our website. I've tried FormSave and found it is better than ditsformsaver. You might want to have a look at it.
              • 90 Posts
              Thanks nepheus, hadn't heard of it. I'm using dits to save form outputs so that administrators can download to a spreadsheet. Is it just as easy/straightforward for users to download form data to a spreadsheet using FormSave?
                David Heriot
                pfsmedia
              • @faolie: I've tested the export feature, yes you can export it to csv or xml then import to your spreadsheet software. FormSave has topic option like thread in Quip, so I think it'll be more advanced to filter data out in compare with Ditformsaver. And more than that you can also view the form data by right click on item and choose View data.

Take a look at attached pics.
                  • 90 Posts
                  I see what you mean, looks way better. I'm going to try it. And thanks very much for taking the trouble to create the pics.

regards

DH
                    David Heriot
                    pfsmedia