We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’m trying to install modx on hosting which does support PDO extension, but by a custom php.ini.
    My problem is that I’m trying to put php.ini which enable the PDO extension to work and sometimes it produces mysterical errors. I’m getting this error when I’m trying to create new Gallery album and create new Access policy
    Error: missing ) in parenthetical
    Source File: http://mysite/modx/manager/assets/ext3/ext-all.js
    Line: 8, Column: 9
    Source Code:
    <b>Fatal error</b>:  Class 'PDO' not found in <b>/home/myacc/public_html/modx/core/model/modx/modx.class.php</b> on line <b>356</b><br /> 

I dont know where to place my php.ini next to make modx work right away. If someone has experience in this, please give me a hand, I’ll be appreciated very much.
    • I would try putting it at the top of core/config/config.inc.php file and if that does not work find a better host.
      • Are you suggesting me to use PDO simulator? I’m not sure I know how to do that, and I think I could use the custom php config to set up is more better...
        • My hosting site is using SuPHP, the problem is that php.ini under sub-folder is not inheritance, so I’ve asked them and I’ve got solution by using suPHP_ConfigPath in my installed modx .htaccess:
          suPHP_ConfigPath /home/mysite/public_html/modx/ #path to php.ini