We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 105 Posts
    When I go to the backend as a Super Admin, then go to Files, there is a little button right below the word Files, to the right a little, that allows you to look through the files on the server using MODX Browser. This is a good tool for me to find the right photo.

However, what is supposed to happen when I double-click the image in the middle column of MODX Browser?
    What is supposed to happen when I click OK in the bottom right corner of MODX Browser?

In FF (when I have other tabs open first):
    The reason I ask is because what currently happens is that it closes the tab that the manager is in if I have several tabs open and does nothing if the manager is the only window open in the browser.

In Chrome:
    It just does nothing either way.

Maybe it would be nice to have a little button below the image, that is on the right side column of MODX Browser, that would put the url, completed img tag, or a completed a tag to the image, onto the clipboard depending on which option you selected before clicking the button.
      You may or may not want to use the code I write. It's probably all against the syntax rules of php and MODx. smiley

Carpet Cleaning
      • 4,149 Posts
      Closing the window is definitely a bug.

However, most browsers now prevent copying to the clipboard, so that’s unfortunately out of the question.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 105 Posts
        Let me see if I can repeat it again and then I’ll report it.

As for the clipboard, instead of pasting it to the clipboard, could it atleast show the width and height and file path?

Maybe even fill a textarea with the img, a, or other tags?
          You may or may not want to use the code I write. It's probably all against the syntax rules of php and MODx. smiley

Carpet Cleaning
          • 105 Posts

Carpet Cleaning
            • 17 Posts
            I have clients asking for this a lot. We just need a simple way to find the URL of a file in the files tab and MODX browser. Could we have a right click that says "Open in browser"? That way the full path will be shown and can be copied by the user.
              Crawford Paul, Owner
              Bridgecourt Inc. www.bridgecourt.com
              Proudly using MODX CMS and love it!