We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,

I just wonder how to backup or export my edited lexicon entries for later use on Revo? Do I need to backup my database then?
    Just hope Bob or anyone can help me out this problem. Thanks.
      • 24,544 Posts
      They’re in the modx_lexicon_entries table in the database. You can export and import that table with PhpMyAdmin or another database tool.

You could also write a snippet to export and import them to/from a file if you’re doing it often.

It might be possible to export them by packaging them with PackMan and import them by installing the package. I haven’t checked, but I don’t think it’s possible.

BTW, unless you’re moving them to another site, there’s really no need to export them except as part of backing up the whole database. They will survive any Upgrades to MODX.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • Thank Bob, I have to move from local environment to testing site. I havent checked the packMan yet, not sure it can pack the lexicon entries. Because I’m not going to translate all of lexicon entries, filter then export the sql is a good way. Thank you again.
          • 24,544 Posts
          When you move the site to the new location, you’ll be exporting, then importing, the whole MODX DB. The altered lexicon entries will get transferred as part of that process, so there’s no need to export them separately.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • I’ll try to use PackMan first because I have so many stuff on my developing environment, hence it’s confused to find what I am using etc. If there’s problem happen, I should import and upload all to test site.