We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 102 Posts
    Hello,

I just added &language=`ru` parameter in formit so that error messages would get displayed in Russian and it worked great.

I did the same thing in quip, but unfortunately it didn't work sad.
    [[!Quip? &thread=`threadNameHere` &threading=`0` &language=`ru`]]

What I'm doing wrong ? [ed. note: viltnieks last edited this post 12 years, 7 months ago.]
      • 102 Posts
      BUMP
        • 102 Posts
        Can I please get some infor on this ? Is this at all doable ?
        • Have you tried translate the en_package of quip lexicon entries yet?
            • 4,149 Posts
            I don't think there is a Russian translation for Quip.

Secondly, it's best to set the "contextKey" for the context to do translations, rather than do it on a page-by-page basis.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 102 Posts
              Hey, thanks for answers.

There actually are russian translations for Quip in Lexicon management. So I wondered why this doesn't work.
              For what i've seen contexts seem great, but I wasn't able to implement them correctly. And it seems that every tutorial I saw wen't oposite of direction I need :p
              Anyway, in my case it really is just this simple, I just need this for two pages, it worked with formit, but I don't understand why it doesn't work for quip if translations are provided for both.
                • 4,149 Posts
                You could create a Snippet that adjusts the lexicon prior to calling Quip:

$modx->setOption('cultureKey','ru');
                return '';

Put that snippet call before calling Quip and see if that works.
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 102 Posts
                  Thank you, this worked for me smiley