We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    So I understand how purposeful in the backend they can be, but I’ve never understood why I have such a hard time trying to get any sort of "selection" tv to display as such in the front-end. Newbie-like question for all I’ve used it, but yeah huh
      • 24,544 Posts
      The selection-type options are all Input Types -- IOW, they’re creating the form used to input the TV’s value when editing a resource in the Manager.

There is no selection or list Output Type for TVs.

If you want users to set the value of the TV in the front end, you can use NewsPublisher to display the options much like they would appear in the Manager. It uses the Input Option Values to create the form. It’s normally used to edit a whole document, but it can show just the TVs if you like.

You can also create your own form (usually with one or more Tpl chunks) and then write a simple snippet to set placeholders in that form from a comma-separated list (or whatever) in the TV.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting