We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 129 Posts
    Hi all, I need to use Revo as cms for a blog - in a subfolder /blog (this will be inside an existing static website)

problem is I can’t access the manager once moved - I’ve tried adding: /blog to the rewrite base in htaccess but this seems to make no difference - I also made sure the .htaccess file was present in the /manager folder to switch off rewrite (I’ve got friendly urls on)

I did have a look through the database tables to see if I could see a setting which needed changing and other than the _workspaces table which I tried changing I couldn’t see anything.

I also tried changing the config.core.php file to /blog/core/

none of which made any difference so I’m a bit stuck - any help appreciated

many thanks
    • What do you mean, "I can’t access the manager once moved"; does it show up as a blank white page or display some errors?

Does the site work if you have friendly URLs off?

You could also try running /blog/setup after you have moved all the files; this should fix any file path issues...
        MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
        • 129 Posts
        Hi Adam, thanks for your reply

I tried the method of upgrading with a new copy of the setup folder - it worked a treat and I can now login to the manager in the blog folder.

many thanks for your suggestions
        Phil
        • Great, glad I could help grin
            MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.