We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,
    I’m modding x (it) so far, but here my problem that I can not figure out why it goes wrong.
    I have my template with structure:
    [[$my.headInit]]
    <div class="container">
    [[$my.content]]
    </div>
    [[$my.footer]]

$my.headinit chunk does have <base href="[[++site_url]]" /> for fixing FURLs, but I wonder why it’s not gonna work. I’ve added <base .../> to <div class="container"> above and it works.

Am I getting mistakes somewhere?
    • If you’re using the HTML5 Doc Type or XHTML you shouldn’t need to close out that <base> tag and just use:

<base href="[[!++site_url]]" />

What is it in your content that isn’t grabbing the base URL?
        MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
      • Well, the way I did was the same to the docs and what you’ve said, but my breadcumbs, gallery and many relative links just dont work out.
        Until now I have 2 <base href=[[++site_url]] />, one in $my.headInit, one in every header of each template. However, I’m sure that I can remove the base url in the my.headInit, just wonder why it’s not rendered right that way.
        • Certainly sounds weird - how come you’re not using the standard [[*content]] placeholder?

Yeah, don’t use two <base> tags in your HTML. What does the output of a simple page look like on your site?
            MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
          • Sorry, I think that’s MetaFormat plugin problem somehow. It doesnt render complete the keywords, so my base url after that is affected. I’m looking in to the MetaFormat plugin.
            I wonder if there’s any other plugin to generate meta tags automatically?
            • Um, if someone meets problem like me, just take a look on MetaX package, alternative to MetaFormat.