We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi all!

Most probably the problem sits in front of the screen, but I can’t find the solution. So any help is appriciated!

I use different templates, so for the navigation I thought it would be a good idea to put the whole wayfinder-call AND some other stuff that could change from time to time in a TV. So I could do the changes just in one place.
    Now when I change something in the TV and save it the changes won’t show up in the documents until I press the reload standard values sign.
    How can I realize a tv which updates automatically in the related docs?

Sorry, its surely a silly question, but I’m really running against a thick wall.

Susanne

edit: or is a tv the wrong method here anyway? just thought about it. maybe a chunk would do better?
      • 5 Posts
      In the meantime I decided to change from tv’s to chunks for the navigation part.

But there still remains this question: how to refresh a default value from a tv in related documents? I would really like to learn how to manage this.

Susanne
      • If you change the definition of the Template Variable, you’ll have to manually set any Resources that have values from the original TV definition. There is no way to automatically reset Resource specific values if you change a TV after setting those Resource values.
          • 5 Posts
          ok, I thought so, so it was the right decision to change to chunks!

Thanks!