We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    Does anyone know of a short cut to set a particular Resource Group for all items created within a particular container resource? Or for that matter, is there any way to set the Resource Group other than ticking an Access Permissions box or dragging-and-dropping pages onto a Resource Group icon?

In my case I need to ensure particular resources are available only to users who are subscribers. The simplest way to do this would be to put all subscriber articles within a subscriber-only folder, but there’s no obvious way to create such a thing.

My resources are created in Bob Ray’s NewsPublisher, but NewsPublisher has no obvious way to set a Resource Group for a resource either.
      David Walker
      Principal, Shorewalker DMS
      Phone: 03 8899 7790
      Mobile: 0407 133 020
      • 147 Posts
      Update: Problem largely solved. NewsPublisher's properties include &groups, a comma-separated list of resource groups to assign new pages to. Fine as long as you want to set all your NewsPublisher pages to the same group(s) - which I do.
        David Walker
        Principal, Shorewalker DMS
        Phone: 03 8899 7790
        Mobile: 0407 133 020
        • 24,544 Posts
        You can also have separate NewsPublisher pages for different groups.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting