We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Same problem. I want to move the images and downloads to an "user" folder. Thinking about to do it with search & replace in the db. But a component will be great too. Please post it.
      • 5 Posts
      Good idea, Ricjustsaid! Please post it here or perhaps somebody of the moderator team could help you to post it on the right place on e.g. github or modxcms.com?
      That tool would be really a BIG help for a lot of us!

Susanne
      • Yeah, I’ll second, third, fourth the request/need to have an asset manager for Revo... it’s all related to a "Resource Type" feature:
        http://bugs.modx.com/issues/4842
          • 5 Posts
          Hi Everett
          Resources in the assets folder should have somewhat like an ID to identify them. With an identifier it would be very easy to rename or group resources and still have them linked correctly in the related docs.
          • You can already do this with Static Resources and Content Types, but serving images and other file types as PHP requests is not efficient and generally frowned upon, at least it you want scalable solutions.

Managing images, js, css and other file types should not be done as Resources using Resource Types or anything else. They should be managed via file-based asset management tools IMO.
              • 135 Posts
              Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner! I’ve just submitted my "ImageUpdater" component to the Extras repo, so it should be showing up soon.

At the moment it’s just a quick-and-dirty snippet I wrote to get the job done on my site, but it seems solid (my site has thousands of images and close to 2000 resources, many of which reuse images across pages) and it definitely makes the job of updating attributes painless. Hopefully it’s helpful to you guys (and others)!

If there’s enough demand, I’d really like to turn it into a Manager-based component with the ability to update other elements (links, for example), complete with file browser support for images and whatever other features people think might be useful. smiley
                • 5 Posts
                Thank you for that!
                I just found your ImageUpdater in the extras. Will test it now smiley

Download the ImageUpdater from here: http://modx.com/extras/package/imageupdater
                  • 135 Posts
                  Ah, great! Yes, please let me know if you run into any issues, or if you have any suggestions!

I’ve created a support topic here. smiley