We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    So I am attempting to update an installed version of Tiny MCE through package management ) Revo 2.1.1-pl traditional and it finds and starts the installation okay, but then its throws this error:

Target directory is either not a directory or writable: /this/is/the/path/to/my/local/development/sandbox/directory/core/packages/
    Could not transfer package tinymce-4.3.0-rc2.transport.zip to /this/is/the/path/to/my/local/development/sandbox/directory/core/packages/.
    Package found...now preparing to install.
    Attempting to install package with signature: tinymce-4.3.0-rc2
    Could not install package with signature: tinymce-4.3.0-rc2

With the directory path being to a local dev server. Ive subsequently moved it to its live server (following the move instructions ) and thus the error. Im thinking that its probably a cache issue, but I cannot figure out where to either clear that package cache, or set the actual path in regards to the package installer function.

Whats even more strange is that the plug-in is still active and I can still use it even though in the manager it states that its not-installed.

Its not a huge issue but anyone got any thoughts? (Im still grappling with the absolute infinite flexibility of Revo mainly within contexts, lexicons, & user groups & permissions) and the new architecture kinda throws me for a loop. This development stuff is soooo harrrrrrd... :’( Seriously though, its crazy good stuff the guys at HQ cooked up here...

thanks much-
    P

• Sounds like you missed the Update Your Database step at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server
        • 113 Posts
        Snap, OG you are dead on. Looks like I wasn’t following as closely as I thought...Thanks so much.
        P