We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    I tried to install a new package in the package manager and it gave me an error. It was trying to install in the old location of MAMP I had on my computer... not surprising since I had created the database there originally. I went into the database and changed everything with that file path to "/core" but when I tried to install the package again I got this:

Console running...
    Attempting to install package with signature: redirector-1.0.3-pl
    Package found...now preparing to install.
    Target directory is either not a directory or writable: /core/packages/
    Could not transfer package redirector-1.0.3-pl.transport.zip to /core/packages/.
    Could not install package with signature: redirector-1.0.3-pl

Is it because I have a slash before "core" or are my permissions messed up? I have a GoDaddy shared server.

I’m at a bit of a loss and I have rarely gone into the database to edit it directly before. Thanks!

BRM
        • 10 Posts
        I did it all and it broke my site, I get this now:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'welcome.tpl'' in /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:162 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(537): Smarty_Internal_Template->isExisting(true) #1 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/smarty/Smarty.class.php(335): Smarty_Internal_Template->getRenderedTemplate() #2 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/modx/smarty/modsmarty.class.php(137): Smarty->fetch('welcome.tpl') #3 /home/content/56/7703556/html/manager/controllers/default/welcome.php(135): modSmarty->fetch('welcome.tpl') #4 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php(83): include('/home/content/5...') #5 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(182): modManagerResponse->outputContent(Array) #6 /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php(133): modManagerRequest in /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 162

This is what I changed the config.inc.php to:

if (!defined('MODX_CORE_PATH')) {
            $modx_core_path= '/core/';
            define('MODX_CORE_PATH', $modx_core_path);
        }
        if (!defined('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH')) {
            $modx_processors_path= '/core/model/modx/processors/';
            define('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH', $modx_processors_path);
        }
        if (!defined('MODX_CONNECTORS_PATH')) {
            $modx_connectors_path= '/connectors/';
            $modx_connectors_url= '/connectors/';
            define('MODX_CONNECTORS_PATH', $modx_connectors_path);
            define('MODX_CONNECTORS_URL', $modx_connectors_url);
        }
        if (!defined('MODX_MANAGER_PATH')) {
            $modx_manager_path= '/manager/';
            $modx_manager_url= '/manager/';
            define('MODX_MANAGER_PATH', $modx_manager_path);
            define('MODX_MANAGER_URL', $modx_manager_url);
        }
        if (!defined('MODX_BASE_PATH')) {
            $modx_base_path= '/';
            $modx_base_url= '/';
            define('MODX_BASE_PATH', $modx_base_path);
            define('MODX_BASE_URL', $modx_base_url);

if (!defined('MODX_ASSETS_PATH')) {
            $modx_assets_path= '/assets/';
            $modx_assets_url= '/assets/';
            define('MODX_ASSETS_PATH', $modx_assets_path);
            define('MODX_ASSETS_URL', $modx_assets_url);

The other files matched what I needed already. I am at a loss.
          • 10 Posts
          Ok so I ran the setup again like it said... AND now I seem really in a bad place when I try to login, but the site is still up.

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ’/manager/controllers/default/security/login.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/content/56/7703556/html/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php on line 104
          • The *_path variables cannot be relative. Those require absolute paths.