We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 45 Posts
    The directory /core/packages/ keeps older revisions of installed add-ons. I understand it is possible to revert to a previous versions using package management, but are the older revisions removable?

Looking at one install I have here and the directory weighs in at 17MB and some add-ons have three revisions there, and this site is only 2 months old.

Is it safe (or even a sensible thing to want to do) to remove older packages?

The installation I am currently looking at is 2.1.0pl.
    • The only problem with removing older packages is that you cannot revert to the previous settings if you want to uninstall several versions of a single package. Otherwise, removing the old packages is perfectly sensible. To do so properly, right click on a package and select View Package. Then select the Uploaded Versions tab. From there you can see all the older package versions and you can right click to select Remove Package Version.

An action to remove all older package versions per package and/or for all packages would make a great feature request.
        • 45 Posts
        Aaah, excellent – I had not even noticed that you could do this from within the package manager!

That is perfect for my needs at the moment, I just want to get rid of packages that are older than one revision.

Many thanks!
          • 87 Posts
          holy crap I didnt even know this existed either. Grooovy.