We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi all -

I have been asked to create a page where the user is asked to complete a form, and after filling in the form they can download a file (a pdf).

I have created a FormIt form, which (once they have filled it in correctly) takes them to a page with a download link for the file. That is all working correctly.

The client has now decided that they would like it to work differently. They would like the pdf form to be sent automatically via email to the user at the address they entered in the form. This ensures that the email address is valid - or at least if it isn’t, the user doesn’t get the file.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

I’m scratching my head a bit!

Many thanks in advance - Jon.
      • 863 Posts
      Rather than sending the file, you could send them a link to the download page (or directly to the file if you want).

Use Formit’s autoresponder hook to do this. If your client insists on sending the attachment, you would need to create a custom hook based on the autoresponder but with a facility to attach files to the email.
        • 1 Posts
        Thanks for the reply.

I think that sending a link (rather than the file) is a much better idea. I’ll run it past the client.

Regards - Jon