We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 29 Posts
    I have a site running on REVO 2.1.1 and I’m having a problem with the file manager. This problem existed before the 2.1.1 upgrade.

When I add files to the upload list and click ’upload’, everything appears to work normally. Any files I try to upload are marked ’OK’ and no errors show on the error log, but the files never show up.

I’m sure the problem is on the server somewhere, but I’m not sure where. If anyone has an insight as to what I should look into, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

Lee
    • I’ve had file manager upload problems several times. They were caused by one of the following:

• The list of allowed extensions in Revo is lowercase, so uppercase extensions (JPEG) need to be added to the list.
      • The files were bigger than the allowed upload size, in either the MODx settings or the server’s PHP settings.
      • The hosting account had exceeded its maximum disk space.

Also, try looking through your php.ini file - this is where most upload-related settings would be.
        WebsiteZen.com - MODX and E-Commerce web development in the San Francisco Bay Area
        • 10 Posts
        You may want to check your base dir for the files. I frequently forget to right-click a sub dir to upload to it. If you open a subdir and then left-click the upload button, it will go to the base dir instead (or whatever directory you have defined in your context settings).

--ChrisM
          • 180 Posts
          You just need to click target folder after the file was uploaded in order to see it.
          This is just dumb and annoying behavior. Too much time sending into a trashcan.
          In addition, you’ll never see deleted file disappeared before you.. guess what - click on this folder ANOTHER time!
          I’ve wrote about this.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,65311.0.html

But no one cares. We are just ultra happy to click this folders with no visible purpose.
            • 61 Posts
            Lee,

I've been having the exact same issue as you report here with uploads working but then just not appearing. I've done some pretty exhaustive testing and it's not been any of the things that people have listed above. Did you ever find a solution?

This issue has persisted with a site through MODX upgrades as far as 2.2.4-pl.