We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 258 Posts
    Dear All

I have a couple of question and I put all in the same topics.

1) I start with a simple question. I ma using know revo and I would like to know if YAMS is availabale on Revo. I do not thing. Am I right?
    If yes, what is the difference between both, or what does evaluate on Babel?

2) I would like that one of my colleague can edit and correct only one page.
    Would you have a tuto for that?

many thank for any information you can provide me

Cheers
      • 258 Posts
      Somebody has an idea
        • 91 Posts
        Babel is only for Revolution, YAMS only for Evolution.

Both work well but both require extensive modification of the standard .htaccess instructions to work at all. Adequate instructions are provided. I run sites with both systems.

YAMS. No longer actively supported by the author. Pity - I think it has life yet. I couldn’t get Ditto-plus-tagging to work with YAMS - the tags seem mono-lingual. Extensive work-arounds and alternatives for the standard snippets, (Wayfinder, Ditto etc) are provided, but once beyond a certain point, the adaptation required to get YAMS to work can seem too hard.

Babel exploits the new architecture(?), (perhaps "design" is a better word), of Revolution. This is the real barrier - trying to understand what Revo does that is different. Much of the documentation is rudimentary, and aimed at PHP and Bespoke-CMS-Design experts. The big factor that persuaded me to even think about starting with Revo was the idea of having different "contexts" for different languages. Once your website viewer has chosen the preferred language, MODx keeps track of what version of text to serve up. Babel goes further by providing a very convenient internal interface that permits tabbed editing of resources, one tab per language.

And my tags, even my recursive tags, are multilingual.

There are performance issues with YAMS that will affect large and busy sites - or so the Revo-design heavyweights think - and it would be worth researching this before committing to one combination or another of Evo/Yams or Revo/Babel.
          MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud