We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    Hi!

I have a rule to change some field labels on updating the resource (core - resource/update). The rule has a constrain. So it’s applied only to resources with a specific template (Constraint Class: modResource; Constraint Field: template; Constraint: ID of template)...

But if I create a new resource the rules are not applied (only after first time saving). The use of (core - resource/create) has also no effect on labeling (same settings as resource/update).

The labels should change if the template is reset, especially on creation. Any suggestions how to do that? Should my approach work in that way I expected it? Is it possible to change the field labels when creating a new resource at all? The documentation is a litte bit puny in that case...

loxy
      • 46 Posts
      Hi!

I thought with the new form customatizing enhancement in 2.0.5 the (apparently) bug discribed above was fixed. But it seems not to work at all. The update process works fine in 2.0.5 but on creation nothing happens. No fields are changed, no tab can be renamed etc. Has anyone experienced this too?

loxy
        • 4,149 Posts
        I’m not experiencing any issues with FC rules with a template constraint. You do know, though, now, that you can apply a Template constraint directly to the Set, and not the rule specifically?
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 46 Posts
          Yes. I know. And this whole concept is only working on "Update Resource". The settings in a set only apply to those actions...
          The only exception is when using no template or if only one template exists. Then it works, but to all templates. I have also tried the "old" way of setting a constraint to *template* / *id*. No effect.

loxy
            • 4 Posts
            I’m having this same problem. It seems that when Creating a new document, the FC rules are only applied if the new document defaults to the template specified in the set. Changing the template of the document does not cause the rules to be applied. If however, the new document defaults to the template specified in the set, the FC rules are applied correctly.

I am experiencing this problem on 2.0.6-pl.
              • 94 Posts
              I am also have the same problem skanche is having. Does anyone have any updates? I am running 2.0.6 also.

Thanks,
              Bart
                • 1 Posts
                I’m having the same problem with 2.0.7
                  • 4 Posts
                  This problem still exists in 2.0.8. sad I can’t believe this doesn’t present a problem for more people. It almost makes FC useless for me.
                    • 5 Posts
                    showtimeshane Reply #9, 13 years ago
                    I’m having the same issue. If anyone hears of a resolution, can they post it hear? I’ll do the same.

Thanks,

Shane
                      • 33 Posts
                      Having the same problem, also with 2.0.8 and am experiencing also the following behavior.

My two sets are set up to bring the template variable to the modx-resource-settings tab. Now when I create a new document it shows the UI with the proper FC set applied with the default template. When changing the template the resource settings sceen does not seem to reload and display the new set of template variables. But when changing back to the default template from here, it reloads the template variables again but only doubles the input fields. (so now there is the title for the TV and also two dropdowns, see picture)

So there must be something odd with the refresh after changing the template.

Btw, I’m using the system translated in german.