We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 52 Posts
    Okay,

So, all of my pages are rendering fine in browsers and I would have never known that the issue existed except. I tried to Sign up for Google Webmaster tools and I could not get my site validated.

Not Verified - Last attempt Less than a minute ago - Show history Hide history
    Attempted 	Method 	Outcome
    Less than a minute ago
    8/11/10 5:06:10 PM UTC 	Meta tag 	Verification failed. Your site's home page returns a status of 500 (Internal server error) instead of 200 (OK). 

I created a page inside my site that does not use my template and it works fine and returns a STATUS 200.

So my question now is...

HOW DO I DEBUG ALL OF MY MODX SNIPPETS while running in a page. Unlike PHP and INCLUDE or REQUIRE, I would get an error of which LINE on which PAGE is broken. Since I have a lot of SNIPPETS running, how do I find out where my PHP code is breaking and causing the 500 Error.

Hope I was clear.

To summarize.

New template I created is causing a 500 Error. I have no clue where my PHP code is breaking.
    MODx included Minimal Template gets status 200 when applied to any page.

Thanks,

Jason
      Jason Buck
    • Check your MODx logs: Reports --> Error Log (in Revo). You can clear the logs, then refresh the page and refresh the logs to see if any new errors were generated. Hopefully the Snippets you’re using are well-constructed and log errors...