We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi

Just downloaded MODx Revolution but realise, there are no addons available for this versions. And most existing addons are only for the 0.9.6 version, not even for the 1.2 evolution?
    Do I miss something?

Thanks
      • 607 Posts
      There are many addons for Revo. In the admin, go to System->Package Management, and then click on Download Extras. With Revo you can download and install themes and addons directly from your site manager.
        • 607 Posts
        Quote from: zeroge at Feb 21, 2010, 11:45 AM

Thanks einsteinboi, that helped.

Though, this might sound stupid to you or others but I don’t mind ... ;-)
        How difficult would it be to integrate the following:

• "Ajax Auto Suggest" feature
        • Newsletter/mailing-list script/program
        • Google mapped advertisments
        • Job board
        • Forum
        • Affiliate program
        • Lightbox forms (have my own scripts for that)
        • member pages (after login, members can access any of above if subscribed, etc)

OK, I understand, a forum may be kept separate, but many other of the above could all work under one account, right? (wrong?) If I have some of the scripts for the above - how would I go about integrating them into MODx (I said this may sound stupid to you but - not for me .. I am new to MODx so have a little patience for my ignorance, OK LA?) ;-)

Thanks a lot

My best suggestion is to read up on the MODx Revolution API (http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/MODx+Revolution) and learn to use it to integrate the scripts you want. If you know some PHP you’re probably halfway there. Since you have your own scripts that you want to use, a visit to the documentation and some reading on creating snippets, modules, and plugins is a good start. For the member pages just read on and permissions for MODx revolution (http://bobsguides.com/revolution-permissions.html - lots of other useful info on that site).