We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Has anyone done this with the exception of iFrame?
    An iFrame works but it’s not really an ideal solution. It’s slow both in development and styling.
    And pageload takes longer aswell.
    • Quote from: enotodden at Feb 13, 2010, 06:39 PM

Has anyone done this with the exception of iFrame?
      An iFrame works but it’s not really an ideal solution. It’s slow both in development and styling.
      And pageload takes longer aswell.
      IMO, loading CodeIgniter and MODx in the same request is never going to be efficient. They are both MVC front-controllers essentially, and using both of them just doesn’t make any sense to me. If you want to develop PHP projects, use CodeIgniter; if you need a CMS framework on which to provide a non-technical client the ability to maintain and update their site, use MODx.
        • 386 Posts

IMO, loading CodeIgniter and MODx in the same request is never going to be efficient. They are both MVC front-controllers essentially, and using both of them just doesn’t make any sense to me. If you want to develop PHP projects, use CodeIgniter; if you need a CMS framework on which to provide a non-technical client the ability to maintain and update their site, use MODx.

I’ve come round to share that view, however sometimes you inherit a project and have no choice in the matter. If you really have to do it, read this thread:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,40004.msg242879.html#msg242879
          Snippets: GoogleMap | FileDetails | Related Plugin: SSL