We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    showtimeshane Reply #1, 13 years ago
    Hello Fellow MODx Enthusiasts!

I am trying to make things as easy as possible for the clients managing the site I’m building for them on Revolution. I’m new to Revolution, but I’m very excited about what it has to offer.

I’d like to move the Template Variables (and the content inside of it) to the main Resources tab. I was hoping I could place it below the default Resource Content textarea. I have searched the web endlessly. I have read all the documentation concerning Form Customization, however, I still can’t seem to find a solution to doing this.

It looks like the following screen shot is the area in the Manger I’m looking for, but I can’t seem to find it in the Manager UI.

http://rtfm.modx.com/download/attachments/18678099/rule-tabNew.png?version=1&modificationDate=1279290789000

Does anyone know of a link that provides the step-by-step instructions to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

So far I’ve created a new Profile > Set in Form Customization. I still can’t seem to find where to create a Rule.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shane
      • 284 Posts
        MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
        • 123 Posts
        doesn’t work for me. I can move a TV to a custom tab but not any of the standard tabs. Using any of the following values...

modx-resource-access-permissions
        modx-resource-access-settings
        modx-resource-page-settings

the template variable I’m trying to move will just stay in the default Template Variables tab.
          • 4,149 Posts
          splittingred Reply #4, 13 years ago
          Erm, the valid values are:

modx-resource-settings (1st tab)
          modx-page-settings (2nd tab)

Or using the ID of a custom tab you’ve made.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 123 Posts
            dear lord, I apologize. I should really get some sleep before I post anything else on this forum.

thanks splittingred. you’re awesome.
              • 123 Posts
              p.s. this re-factored form customization system in rev is fantastic ! laugh
                • 5 Posts
                showtimeshane Reply #7, 13 years ago
                @smooth-graphics - That video was great! That did the trick.

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to offer help and support. A great community behind a great product has me even more excited about MODx.

Thanks guys,

Shane
                  • 2 Posts
                  Here is a really good step by step tutorial on how to do it.

http://www.cmstricks.com/blog/2012/08/27/integrating-a-template-into-modx-part-5/

That video posted is probably a good video but since I can only speak English I found it hard to follow. If you are finding the same then use the tutorial link above.
                    • 64 Posts
                    Is there also a possibility to make "Template Variables" as the standard-tab? The active tab in my modx-installation is always "Document" -> Working on a TV and pressing "save" always makes a jump out of the "Template Variables"-tab to the Document-tab which disturbes the workflow.

Beside this it would be great if the cursor stays in that field you were working on when clicking on "save".

Is there any chance to manage this?
                      • 12 Posts
                      Hello,

Is there any update regarding the question above from gemand? we are having this issue as well. After pressing save, the page refreshes to the document tab, which is being hidden, so the user sees a blank area.