We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • ixie,

The problem I am having with the cms apps I’ve been evaluating is with my clients unwillingness to spend the time necessary to learn the system. The back end always seems to turn them off.
    Right now I’d say our back end is nowhere close to optimal. Unfortunately, it requires some learning in order to be productive. Same goes with our installer, but since it sounds like your clients aren’t dealing with that, it’s not an issue for you.

Even then, I’d say MODx in its current state is on par from a usability standpoint with many or most other OS CMSes.

So right now the things I’m looking for is a cms that doesn’t have to be a carreer, one where I can assign dynamic functionality to web users(who are really administrators) thus keeping them out of the back end, and giving them the ability to add pages. I have a feeling Modx can do all of this, I just have to get started in the right direction and as time goes by I will learn the intricacies .
    I think with a bit of work on your end and creative configuration of the system’s users/groups you can accomplish this. But you’re going to have to take a bit of time exploring and learning in order to pull it off. In the future, this will become even easier, and that’s what the dev team is focusing on. MODx is currently a Technology Preview, released just so people can see where it’s headed, and for those that want an early start on all-things-MODx.

Unfortunately, that may mean that it’s not right for you and your clients. But that’s a decision that only you can make. I can say without hesitation though that the 1.0 release will make you smile and will fit your situation perfectly.

Finally, please, please, please try to use paragraphs in your messages. It’s very difficult to respond otherwise.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 15 Posts
      I found out about Modx via a posting on my reseller community board and assumed it was ready to go.

But it does appear to be or will be what I’ve been looking for so I think I’ll just hang in there. Is there any time frame on realease 1.0?
      • No timeframes for release. And while it’s not "officially" ready, I’ve deployed more than 10 sites with various versions of it and my clients absolutely love it. wink
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me