We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 284 Posts
    Hi All

How do i hide the default Resource Content in MODX Revolution? huh

Many thanks in advance.
      • 24,544 Posts
      I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. There is no default resource content in MODx. The resource content field of a resource is empty until you put something there.

If you have something there an don’t want to show it, you can take the [[*content]] tag out of your template.

If you don’t want to show the resource content field on the Create/Edit Resource panel in the Manager, you can hide it with a form customization rule.

I’m assuming that by "current version" you mean MODx Revolution. If that’s not the case, the tag would be [*content*] and you’d use ManagerManager to hide the field.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 284 Posts
        Hi BoBRay

Thanks a lot for your message but regarding your comment
        If you don’t want to show the resource content field on the Create/Edit Resource panel in the Manager, you can hide it with a form customization rule.

How can i do this, i mean, create a customization rule to hide Content resource panel?
          • 137 Posts
          Hello Leques,

I have no experience in this, but going through the rtfm.modxcms.com shows me that this should indeed be possible:
          http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Customizing+the+Manager

Your request is even specifically mentioned in the docs:
          http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/FC-Resource#FC-Resource-HidingtheContentField

But, I have to admit, not very easily explained. Maybe on purpose to not make it too easy to mess around in the manager screens. But if you can try it out and have a step-by-step instruction, I am more than interested.

• 284 Posts
            Yes, i think i´ll need a better explanaition to this subject!!! I tried loads of times solve this situation, but with no sucess!!! sad
              • 24,544 Posts
              If it makes you feel better, I had trouble with it also.

First, make sure you upgrade to the current version of Revolution (2.0.5) because the Form Customization system has been completely rewritten.
              Second, make sure you flush permissions and clear the site cache after making any changes.

I can tell you how to do it, but I need to know if you want to hide that field from everyone (including you), hide it from certain user groups, or hide it for a specific template.
                My MODX Extras
                • 284 Posts
                Hi BobRay

I have the latest version of MODX (2.0.5).
                And i want to hide that field from everyone including me!!!! Because i never use that field and i don´t know the utility of content resource field... smiley
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  First, let’s make sure you really want to hide it. It’s where the main content of the document goes. Unless all the content of every page is held in Template Variables or one of the other fields, you need it.

If you have the [[*content]] tag in any of your templates, you definitely need it. The [[*content]] tag is replaced by whatever is in that field.

That said, to hide it, or any other field, Go to Security -> Form Customization.
                  Click on the default profile and select "Edit."

On the grid that appears, you’ll want two entries:

resource/create
                  resource/update

The first will affect the form when you create a new resource, the second will apply when you update an existing one.

Click on "Create New Set" to create the two (one may already be there).
                  Set the action to resource/create or resource/update.
                  Set the template you want the rule to apply to (this is required at present).
                  (optionally give a description)
                  leave the other fields blank.
                  Click on the "Save" button.

Once the two sets exist, right-click on each one and select "Edit."
                  Make sure the active checkbox is checked
                  Make sure the template is set correctly
                  Scroll down and uncheck modx-resource-content in the Visible column.
                  Click on the "Save" button.

If you have other templates you want to apply the rule to, you can duplicate the rule and change the template.

Go to Security Flush Permissions on the main menu
                  Clear the site cache.

Be sure you are testing with a resource that uses the specified template.

That should do it. smiley

My MODX Extras
                    • 284 Posts
                    Hi Bob

You are the best!!! heheheheh Thanks a lot for your help!!!! smiley
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Don’t thank me until it works. wink
                        My MODX Extras