We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Over the last few weeks, a ModX based site I created has become slower and slower. After reading Susans comments about the site logging tables, I took a look. My site logging table was 5MB!!!!. The rest of the db was 888KB!!!!!! (The site has well over 100 pages). So, I disabled logging, trunctuated the tables, and forced caching on more pages and the page gen times lept from 3-5 seconds to 0.15 seconds or so!

This made an enormous differance in terms of website usability. No more waiting.

Just a note for people deciding on a webhost--- only use globat.com if you need the CHEAPEST hosting. They may have tons of features but they are unlreliable and SLOOOOOOOOOOOW.
      • 2,204 Posts
      If you are in holland try Kinghosting.nl hehe powerd by Mod-X (needs some overhauwl i know lots of bugs hehe its like they say if its for yourself it can wait if its for your clients its needs to be done yesterday)

Greets Dim
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01