We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: scarfy96 at Nov 17, 2010, 11:45 PM

Excellent. Thanks for that. Should be able to get that all up and running now with no major issue from here.

Much appreciated.

Can you share the result of your work so that it can be added into git for an official Jainrain package ?
      • 77 Posts
      Happy to only thing is I have to get up to speed with xPDO - which I haven’t as yet - so my dB calls are all via the older modx style so probably not ideal in terms of future upgrades of Rev.

It is a "between jobs" thing for me at the moment so will post back here when I have working, may be a couple of days may be a couple of weeks depending on what else crops up.
      • Quote from: scarfy96 at Nov 18, 2010, 01:04 AM

Happy to only thing is I have to get up to speed with xPDO - which I haven’t as yet - so my dB calls are all via the older modx style so probably not ideal in terms of future upgrades of Rev.
        Yes, the purpose of xPDO is to abstract the coming database changes, which will invalidate any handwritten SQL.
          • 132 Posts
          opengeek,

Would using https://github.com/opengeek/engaged still be your suggested solution for integration with JanRain. Alot has changed with MODX in 5 years (since your last post on this) and a lot has stayed the same so I thought I would checkin with you on this.
            "One of these days I will get around to my own website... Its only been about 12 years... maybe tomorrow smiley"
            • 1,154 Posts
            If you need help with this please make a new thread and we can work it out. I am not a coder but i do try to support forum integrations to the extent possible (after working with Discuss for several years). For instance, we just managed to integrate a Muut forum to Modx. Also I believe there is a Vanilla integration, although I have never looked at it.