We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    The "Files" tab in the manager interface is empty (besides the folder "Files") after updating MODx Revolution to 2.0.3.

This occurs for every user but the default administrator. Is this a known bug?
    I changed the permissions of a user to Administrator (all permissions), but still the "Files" tab is empty.
    Unfortunately the bug tracker is down atm.

Help very much appreciated.

Revolution 2.0.3-pl
    MySQL 5.1.45
    PHP 5.2.11
      • 24,544 Posts
      Did you clear the cache and flush permissions and sessions on the System menu, then clear your browser cache/cookies?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 74 Posts
        Yes, did all of this.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Go to System -> System Settings and put "path" in the search box at the upper right. check the path settings, especially filemanager_path.
            My MODX Extras
            • 144 Posts
            I have the exact same issue.
            As the Administrator I see all the available file directories and files but when I log in as another user the list only shows the "files" directory. (see attached image).

Admin
            Files
            -files
            -images
            -flash
            -media

Different user:
            Files
              • 22 Posts
              I have the same problem. Any process?
                • 24,544 Posts
                It works fine for me. Did you make the user a member of the administrators group?
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 144 Posts
                  -The user is a member of a resource Group with documents assigned to that group.

-I made a new custom user group for the user called "Domain Admin Group"

-Create their own Custom "Domain Admin" Role.

-Then I assigned the standard "Resource" access policies to this "Domain Admin" Role.

-After That I edited the Permissions for this Standard Access Policy group "Resource" to meet my needs (added a lot permissions).

See the screenshot for the detailed permissionlist!
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: onepack at Oct 22, 2010, 09:28 AM

-The user is a member of a resource Group with documents assigned to that group.

-I made a new custom user group for the user called "Domain Admin Group"

-Create their own Custom "Domain Admin" Role.

-Then I assigned the standard "Resource" access policies to this "Domain Admin" Role.

-After That I edited the Permissions for this Standard Access Policy group "Resource" to meet my needs (added a lot permissions).

See the screenshot for the detailed permissionlist!

It sounds like you’ve done it backwards if you’re having to add permissions. Generally, you duplicate one of the standard policies and *remove* permissions.

§ Policies assigned on the Context Access tab should be based on the standard Administrator policy.
                    § Policies assigned on the Resource Group Access tab should be based on the standard Resource policy.
                    § Policies assigned on the Element Category Access tab should be based on the standard Element policy.

If you’ve created a Context Access ACL entry with a policy based on the standard Resource Policy, that’s a mistake. You should duplicate the standard administrator policy and use that. If you haven’t created a context access ACL entry that gives your user rights to see the files in the manager, you need to do that.
                      My MODX Extras
                      • 144 Posts
                      Hi Bobray,

Thanks for your reply.. but... I still don’t understand the logic... I’m really sorry.

I see that there are some standard access policy sets like admin, resource, "load only" etc.
                      You also get the option to add/create a new policy set. Lets call that one Custom.

Why can’t the "custom" set ever give a user enough permissions to show the files so they can work with pictures in the file system?
                      If I understand your explanation it doesn’t matter what I do. Even though I assign all permissions to "custom" it won’t ever show the files.
                      Only the "admin" example, the standard permission set admin can do this.

But what if the admin set gives too many rights? I can remove some rights but this will alter the standard Admin permission set.
                      If an other user is allowed to have more rights I cannot create a new admin set because you just explained that will never give enough rights to see the files.

Anyway, what I did was follow your advice and assign the admin permission set as well to the user and flushed all sessions, log in again with the standard user.

The result was the same.. no files could be seen for the other user. The same as my previous screenprint.
                      Sorry for the long story, I just try to make it clear.

Thanks again for the help!