We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • LOL... if you only knew of the weeks of discussion going on about what to call things... lol

Thank you very much for confirming a lot of sometimes seemingly pointless discussions of a few little words and concepts. laugh As mentioned in the opensourcecms.com interview, making it so that even Mr. Veen himself would approve is a top priority.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 19 Posts
      shocked
      Wow, you people really rock! Keep it up!
      Is there a way to donate to the project BTW?
      • Sure... gather an envelope full of small unmarked bills...

lol

Actually, we’re going to be working on that kind of stuff in the very near future. And part of that will probably be the legal aspects of a seperate organization or some sort of escrow sesrvice for such donations. smiley

Thanks for offering!
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 10 Posts
          Seriously... what would it take financially to secure this project under the GPL license for - let’s say - four years?
          • Meelker, that’s a great question and it depends on what you mean. No one has any intention whatsoever of taking this private. We all use it in our "full time businesses" and there’s too much benefit to gain from having a great set of talented developers working on the code.

This is not an ego trip for anyone, or a power play for that matter. I for one openly encourage anyone to borrow our ideas and extend or leverage them at will.

However, a serious investment like you seem to infer could go a long way towards helping to fund a foundation, or at least prepay fo the inevitable onslaught of bandwidth and server load requirments I suspect will arrise in the near future.

Is what you mean?

• 1,131 Posts
              Another good question is what the licensing terms will be for rebranding MODx? Some companies may wish to do this...but I’m wondering if perhaps a separate license might be in order for this? Just a thought. smiley
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 1 Posts
                When you want to make an opensource project a for fee license than it should associate with providing support so that the fee will be worth their while. The question then do we have the resource to provide that level of support? Do we prepare to step up to the task to offer that service?

Something to think about!
                  • 10 Posts
                  Well, it seems to me that the roadmap of MODx/Tattoo is solid enough for serious fund raising. Sure would like to help out - in raising, not the big spending that is. smiley

I personally believe that the business community should participate in open source projects like yours. No to own it. No to make a direct profit out of it. But to be as altruistic as you envision the project to be and to secure the continuity of the project under GPL license. Think about it.... who’s eating the fruit after all the effort you guys put into it? I’ll bet there will be a lot of corporations using MODx/Tattoo in the future.
                    • 3,250 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Aug 22, 2005, 05:28 PM

TP3.2 should be out within hours. smiley

Is there an update on the status of TP3.2?
                    • Yes. Please see the announcements thread. wink