We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I have downloaded modx 2.0.0-pl basic revolution.
    and copied it to C:\xampp\htdocs\ folder.
    But whn i try to run http://localhost:100/modx/setup/index.php

FATAL ERROR: MODx Setup cannot continue.

To use PHP 5.3.0+, you must set the date.timezone setting in your php.ini. Please do set it to a proper timezone before proceeding. A list can be found here.

Could anyone suggest what am doing mistake?
      • 5 Posts
        • 1 Posts
        hi guru,

add

php_value date.timezone 'Europe/Berlin'

to the .htaccess file.
        Worked for me.
          • 249 Posts
          The (typical) PHP error message you don’t see:

It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to 
          use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you 
          used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled 
          the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
            lo9on.com

MODx Evolution/Revolution | Remote Desktop Training | Development
            • 5 Posts
            Hi folks New to this Forum.

I tried to set up in my Lion with same problems. set up date/timezone and checked with simple php routine and get timezone as Europe/London, reset Apache but still getting error when trying to initiate setup..

Any advise would be welcome? [ed. note: alcluith last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
              • 5 Posts
              Hi again

Its the obvious that you miss like not removing the semi-colon to make it active, obvious but can cause you hours of grief

• 8 Posts
                alcluith! THANK YOU! I can't believe I missed that.....editing the /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini file's timezone line works just fine for this issue.....gotta remove that semi-colon too! then after restarting apache things should move to the next error...likely adding write access to the cache dir hehe.
                  • 14 Posts
                  Hi there,
                  I am trying to do a command line upgrade and I get this fatal error too.
                  I checked my php.ini and the date.timezone setting is ok and not commented (i.e. date.timezone = "Europe/Paris"). And I verified that this php.ini was correctly loaded with phpinfo.

I tried to modify the .htaccess with php_value date.timezone 'Europe/Paris' and no luck.

I don't undestand since I have done several install with no troubles but this is the first time I tried to do a command line upgrade (which seems to be a great way to do upgrades!).

I modified the upgrade xml file and renamed it to config.xml. I did 2 modifications, the path to the core and the language (fr instead of en).
                  And then in the terminal I went to the setup directory and run :

php ./index.php --installmode=upgrade

I am running Mamp 1.9 with PHP 5.3.2
                    • 14 Posts
                    I did the upgrade via a browser and it worked.

Hmm may be it's because when calling php in the terminal I am calling Mac OSX php and not the Mamp's one.
                      • 14 Posts
                      Ok that was that idiot of me!
                      I just looked at MacOSX php and it doesn't have the date.timezone setting activated.