We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 91 Posts
    Is it possible don’t show "help" button in resources pages??

if it’s not possible from manager area, can you tell me how Can I hide/delete this button from PHP code (or in templates)??

Thanks
      • 4,149 Posts
      This is not possible at this time, without writing a plugin to do so.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 91 Posts
        it’s not possible to modify PHP pages?? for example hide the image button?

Thanks for your replies
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: sarah_77 at Mar 30, 2010, 09:41 AM

it’s not possible to modify PHP pages?? for example hide the image button?
          Thanks for your replies

Sarah, the pages are dynamically built with ExtJS. You can feel free to do the research, look at the code, and add a plugin to manually hide the Help button yourself.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 91 Posts
            Can you tell me where Can I find the link to help page??

I could change this URL!

Thanks
            • sarah_77, you’ll first need to learn ExtJS. You can find details about that at http://www.extjs.com/. You’ll then need to learn Smarty at http://www.smarty.net/. The way that the manager is constructed relies heavily on those two technologies and understanding them will be a requirement to accomplish what you’d like to do. If you have specific questions for our particular implementations, please feel free to ask.

I assume you’ve already been through the Revo documentation? http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/revolution/MODx+Revolution
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 22 Posts
                Any chance this will change in the final release?

After I go through all the trouble to keep anything technical out of the eyes of the end user I would rather not have a button that says help that will just be more confusing for them and give them information that isn’t relevant to them.

Its helpful to me, not really to them.

Other than that I love the level of control I have over absolutely everything in revo.

• 4,149 Posts
                  Quote from: pgstory at Apr 06, 2010, 01:01 AM

Any chance this will change in the final release?
                  Yes, there will be a setting to toggle the help button by RC2.
                  • Quote from: splittingred at Apr 06, 2010, 01:08 AM
                    Yes, there will be a setting to toggle the help button by RC2.

Can anyone point me to the setting in Revo > 2.4?
                    I would be glad to hide the help button.

Best,
                    Brigitte [ed. note: BrigitteB last edited this post 7 years, 10 months ago.]
                      Brigitte Bornemann - Accessibility Consultant, Web Designer - Hamburg / Munich, Germany.
                      http://www.bit-informationsdesign.de
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      I couldn't find a System Setting (though I did find one to set its URL: base_help_url). You could change it to your own help page.

The help button is a span with the ID: modx-abtn-help

So this in your CSS might work to hide it from everyone (including you):

span#modx-abtn-help {
                          display:hidden !important;
                      }

If that works, and you want to hide it from specific users, you'd have to write a snippet or plugin that injected that CSS for just those users.

I think something like this might do it in a snippet in the template:

if(! $modx->user->isMember('Administrator')) {

$css = '<style>span#modx-abtn-help {
                              display:hidden !important;
                          }</style>';

$modx->regClientCSS($css);
                      }
                      return '';

Let me know if it works. wink
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras