We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Newbie here. I searched the forum and didn’t see anything similar. Not sure if it’s just me or it’s indeed a bug.

After installing MODx Revolution 2.0.0-beta-4 I can log in with the admin user and password. Then I wanted to create another admin user. I did so by creating a user then added it to the Adminnistrator user group. It’s role remained member though so I went to "Security" -> "Manager Users" -> Right click on the user then "Update User" -> "Access Permission" -> Right click on the User Role then "Update User Role" -> Select "Superuser" instead of "Memeber", then save. I check the db table, the role wasn’t changed:

mysql> select * from modx_member_groups;
    +----+------------+--------+------+
    | id | user_group | member | role |
    | 1 | 1 | 1 | 2 |
    | 2 | 1 | 2 | 1 |
    | 3 | 1 | 3 | 1 |
    3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

If I tried to log in as the newly created user I got a permission denied error. Only when I manually changed the role to 2 in mysql I was able to log in.

My server info:

CentOS 5.2 kernel 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen, PHP 5.2.4-el5.centos, MySQL 5.0.45-7.el5 with php-pdo and pdo_mysql installed.

Thanks!
      • 4,149 Posts
      Could you file this in JIRA?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 2 Posts
        Quote from: splittingred at Nov 02, 2009, 05:29 PM

Could you file this in JIRA?

Done, thanks.

http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1377