We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I did make several components for Revolution following docs and svn components examples to build the transport package and i’ve some questions:

• The "Check for updates" option is only available if i download package from a remote provider but not if i install a package directly imported from local directory. Is it normal?
    • How can i do to make it appear (and make use of the version precised in build.transport.php)?
    • Does it mean that if i download a components from MODx website instead of using a remote provider, i will not have the "check for update" option?
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: lossendae at Oct 28, 2009, 06:13 PM

The "Check for updates" option is only available if i download package from a remote provider but not if i install a package directly imported from local directory. Is it normal?
      Yes. If you want to update locally, use Add New Package -> Scan for Updates.

How can i do to make it appear (and make use of the version precised in build.transport.php)?
      By uploading to modxcms.com.

Does it mean that if i download a components from MODx website instead of using a remote provider, i will not have the "check for update" option?
      If you use any Provider, instead of locally, it will have a Check for Updates, as long as you installed it remotely. Locally installed packages will not have that option.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • Yes. If you want to update locally, use Add New Package -> Scan for Updates.

I can’t see this option. I only have 3 options:

- Select a provider
        - Add new provider
        - Search locally for packages

I can search locally, but it will load all components versions instead of searching for the last version.

If you use any Provider, instead of locally, it will have a Check for Updates, as long as you installed it remotely. Locally installed packages will not have that option.

Now i understand more. It’s not the most pratical solution but i can go with it.

Will you provide with future version a way to allow updates with local packages?
          • 4,149 Posts
          Quote from: lossendae at Oct 28, 2009, 06:55 PM

I can’t see this option. I only have 3 options:
          - Search locally for packages
          Oops, that’s what I meant.

I can search locally, but it will load all components versions instead of searching for the last version.
          It should only load the versions you have in your core/packages directory. It should also hide ones that are older versions than the current version installed.

Will you provide with future version a way to allow updates with local packages?
          Maybe, or maybe someone will beat us to it by committing a patch. wink
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com