We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I keep getting this error after I login and it’s blocking me from using the manager.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’&’, expecting T_VARIABLE or ’$’ in /nfs/c04/h01/mnt/60385/domains/mydomain.com/html/manager/controllers/header.php on line 86

If I delete it, the manager loads, but the content, file, and element menus don’t work or load.

This is a fresh install of 2.0 beta4 (on apache server with all the specs) and I’ve installed several different times to no change.

This problem didn’t crop up until a fresh install in a new directory - upgrading from b3 went fine.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
      • 4,149 Posts
      What PHP version are you running? apache version? mysql version?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 2 Posts
        wow, I don’t know to say other than thank you!

It was sure enough that the serve had been turned to php4, but I have no idea how it had done that - I had turned it onto 5 months ago and never even touched it yesterday while uploading /changing things.

Great catch though...made my day much better!

Thanks!
          • 4,149 Posts
          No problem; the reason I could tell is that line is this:

foreach ($modx->sjscripts as &$scr) {

PHP4 has problems with references in foreach statements.

Also, it’s worth it to go ahead and note that Revolution RC1 will be PHP 5.1+ only (and no support for 5.1.6).
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com