We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    Hello
    I recently successfully installed Revolution - at least I thought so - I created a document and was able to save it - upon re-editing the document, the save button was inactive all the time - there was no way to save the document with the changes.

now when I’m trying to log into the manager again, I’m getting the following error in the browser:
    Safari can’t open the page “http://localhost/cms/modxRev/manager/” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection. This sometimes occurs when the server is busy. Wait for a few minutes, and then try again.

Mamp is up and running just fine - am I doing something wrong or what could be the issue?

Thanks
      • 4,149 Posts
      Would like to help; need some more info:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,40188.0.html

3. If you’re posting about an installation problem, please state all of your Environment information in your post: Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version, is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, and any other environment data we should know.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 616 Posts
        OS X SL 10.6.1
        Mamp 1.8.3
        Safari incl. latest update
        extension=pdo_mysql.so
        Apache version 2.0.63 (Unix)
        PHP version 5.2.11
        MySQL version 5.1.37

I started another installation - at least I was able to log into the manager - still unable to save a document - documents in the tree appear and disappear as they like
          • 4,149 Posts
          This is latest SVN, i presume?

Also, are you getting any browser errors (JS errors) at all?

I’ve got pretty much the same exact setup (except on Leopard rather than Snow Leopard) and am having no issues at all.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 616 Posts
            latest svn as well as beta 3 - more or less the same issues
            • Quote from: mmjaeger at Oct 15, 2009, 02:26 PM

latest svn as well as beta 3 - more or less the same issues
              I can’t reproduce any of these issues either, also on OS X, running MacPorts PHP at 5.2.10 and 5.3.0, both with MySQL 5.0.83. It’s most likely gonna be a configuration issue in your environment.
                • 4,149 Posts
                So nothing besides that cannot connect? That sounds like a server issue then.
                  • 616 Posts
                  any ideas what configuration to check - running MODx, ExpressionEngine, Openengine, PyroCMS, Drupal with no problems whatsoever?