We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    I’m in the early stages of building an app (on my local box), so things are changing quickly, and I’m not concerned at all about performance. So, I want every page refresh to show me exactly the current state of things.

Clearing the cache from the Site menu does the trick, but obviously that’s not a good solution.

I also tried setting "Disable Global Cache Options" to "Yes" in my system settings, and messing with some of the other cache settings, but with no luck.

I suppose I could try to break caching by messing with file system permissions, but it would be nice to know how to control it from the UI.

Thanks.
    • "Enable partial resource cache" or cache_resource is what you are looking for, if you are talking about individual pages. But there are a lot of pieces to the cache and some of them you simply do not need to disable, like cache_system_settings or cache_action_maps. It totally depends on what caching you are talking about. Perhaps cache_scripts is what you are looking for if you are changing the snippet or plugin code in the database often, though I tend to use includes from the file system so these do not have to change; simply changing the file is all that is needed, especially when developing.
        • 32 Posts
        This did the trick, thanks much.

I’m maintaining my main layout template outside of MODx and including it via a snippet - making the change you suggested caused the template to stop being cached.