We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 126 Posts
    Wayfinder and no output... has anyone seen this problem? More importantly, are there any suggestions for a fix? I’m running the latest SVN (as of today) of ModX and installed the Wayfinder package. Everything else is running beautifully. I really need to get this up and running ASAP (and will resort to, {cringe}, static menus if I can’t get it running soon).

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!

When I load a page it does throw the following into the error log:
     [2009-09-25 15:16:36] (ERROR @ /index.php) No foreign key definition for parentClass: modResource using relation alias: modResourceGroupResource
    [2009-09-25 15:16:36] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error SQLER executing statement: 
    Array
    (
        [0] => SQLER
        [1] => 1064
        [2] => You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `modResource`.`hidemenu` = 0 AND `modResource`.`privateweb` = 0 AND modRes' at line 1
    )

• See http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,39019.msg235504.html#msg235504 for a quick fix; some changes between beta-3 and current SVN broke several of the snippets currently in the repository, and we’ll be resolving that in conjunction with beta-4 release.
        • 126 Posts
        Found the culprit line (I think) ...

Line 406 of Core->Components->Wayfinder->Wayfinder.class.php
        $c->leftJoin('modResourceGroupResource','modResourceGroupResource');

I changed the line to the following, and the menus started working:
        $c->leftJoin('modResource.groupResource','modResource.groupResource');

However, I am still getting an error in the log (a different one):
        [2009-09-25 16:14:30] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not load class: groupResource from modResource.mysql.groupresource.
          • 126 Posts
          Thanks!! You guys are amazing! grin
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: debussy at Sep 25, 2009, 09:24 PM

I changed the line to the following, and the menus started working:
            $c->leftJoin('modResource.groupResource','modResource.groupResource');

However, I am still getting an error in the log (a different one):
            [2009-09-25 16:14:30] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not load class: groupResource from modResource.mysql.groupresource.

Dont use modResource.groupResource - that doesnt exist. Change that line to:

$c->leftJoin('modResourceGroupResource',"ResourceGroupResources");

shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 126 Posts
              Made the approved change (and got rid of my "monkey-typing-on-a-keyboard" nonsense)... Thanks so much guys!

My other problem now is friendly URLS in the menu don’t work. huh

All links generated are relative - which is fine if you are at a top level. As soon as you click on [www.site.com/container/] all your links from there break... e.g. what should be [www.site.com/page1.html] becomes [www.site.com/container/page1.html] and so forth.

Also of note: even if you turn off "Friendly Alias Path", containers are still rendered out as [container/] instead of [container.html] (which means they break immediately).

I have turned off friendly URLs for now ...
              • Quote from: debussy at Sep 25, 2009, 09:45 PM

My other problem now is friendly URLS in the menu don’t work. huh

All links generated are relative - which is fine if you are at a top level. As soon as you click on [www.site.com/container/] all your links from there break... e.g. what should be [www.site.com/page1.html] becomes [www.site.com/container/page1.html] and so forth.
                You are missing the required base tag in your template HEAD. i.e.
                <base href="[[!++site_url]]"></base>

Quote from: debussy at Sep 25, 2009, 09:45 PM

Also of note: even if you turn off "Friendly Alias Path", containers are still rendered out as [container/] instead of [container.html] (which means they break immediately).
                All text/html Resources that are indicated as containers get the container_suffix setting appended instead of the extension specified in the Resource’s specified Content Type. FURLs in Revolution are a bit different than in Evolution.
                  • 126 Posts
                  That did the trick. grin