We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    OK I have installed revolution and looking to run several sites from the one core and a shared database.

Done some testing etc and all working with no issues running multiple domains from the one core and database.

Now I have decided that the location of the manager would make more sense in a different location (different umbrella domain). I could delete everything and re-install but I would prefer to understand the processes involved in relocating the manager.

I cleared the sites cache then

I have gone into my:
    /core/config/config.inc.php

file and found every instance of the original domain and changed to the new domain. I have searched the entire database for any reference to the old domain to change and there are only incidentals that I can find (eg email addresses).

I have copied :
    /manager
    /connectors
    config.core.php
    index.php

all over to the new location. config.core.php doesn’t require editing because it is a shared core and so that is still correct.

Now if I goto the new /manager location I get the login screen and then a 500 server error on entry of username and password. On further investigation of the log files I find it is still referring to the old domain somewhere and I am getting a base_dir restriction error.

[2009-09-22 11:37:23] (ERROR @ /usr/local/modxrevolution/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php : 64) PHP warning: file_exists() [<a href=’function.file-exists’>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/treadly.com/httpdocs/manager/controllers/welcome.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/awm.com.au/httpdocs:/tmp:/usr/local/modxrevolution)

This explains the error to me however, I can not find a config file anywhere that still has treadly.com in it.

Clearly there is still a reference to it somewhere either in a cache, database or config file but I can’t find it.

Any suggestions as to where I should be looking and if this is the only likely problem I will find?

Happy to fully document if I can resolve. I am wanting to resolve this so that I better understand how revolution all fits together which I think will only benefit me later in shared core/db site development when I start writing custom scripts etc.

Many thanks.
      • 24,544 Posts
      Try deleting all files in the /cache directory except index.html, then clearing your browser cache/cookies before testing.

If Friendly URLs are on, check the .htacces file for references to the old domain (either rewrite base or the rewrite rule).
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 77 Posts
        Thanks.

Worked. So the above is a doco on what to do, plus manually delete the files in the cache directory.

I assume you meant index.html - there is no index.php in the cache directory.

All worked.

Thanks.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Quote from: scarfy96 at Sep 22, 2009, 04:06 AM

Thanks.

Worked. So the above is a doco on what to do, plus manually delete the files in the cache directory.

I assume you meant index.html - there is no index.php in the cache directory.

All worked.

Thanks.

Sorry, I did mean index.html (corrected in post above). The reason to leave it is that it won’t be recreated when the cache is and will be missing until your next upgrade (unless that Jira item has been addressed).

Glad you got it working. BTW, you could also have renamed the manager in that process, which I think is another nice security option.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting