We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 191 Posts
    I deleted a category in the Content Elements Tree that had elements in it. Now, the elements aren’t showing up but when I try to make a new element with the same name as the old one ModX tells me the name already exists. Also, I’m still able to use the snippets / chunks I just can’t see them in the tree to modify or delete them. Any suggestions on how to get these items back in the Content Elements Tree or delete them permanently (I’ve cleared the cache and the trash bin)?
      God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
      • 4,149 Posts
      Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 21, 2009, 12:48 AM

I deleted a category in the Content Elements Tree that had elements in it. Now, the elements aren’t showing up but when I try to make a new element with the same name as the old one ModX tells me the name already exists. Also, I’m still able to use the snippets / chunks I just can’t see them in the tree to modify or delete them. Any suggestions on how to get these items back in the Content Elements Tree or delete them permanently (I’ve cleared the cache and the trash bin)?

Interesting; they should be reset to a category of 0 if the category is deleted. Can you file a bug in JIRA and we’ll look right at it?
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 13 Posts
        *bump*

I noticed this as well. It also happens when resetting a category that has sub-elements back to a non-category page. The other items just vanish.

I work for Access Technology Group, which lately
          has been selling SOAPware EMR Software as its primary
          business model. We're trying to get into health care.

Drop by the site if you'd like an example of a working,
          robust web site running on MODx Revolution 2.0.0 (beta-3
          at the moment; currently upgrading to beta-4).

If for any reason you need to reach me personally, I am
          Typing at G Mail dot Com. Yes, that's my address.
          Quote from: splittingred at Sep 21, 2009, 12:41 PM

Interesting; they should be reset to a category of 0 if the category is deleted. Can you file a bug in JIRA and we’ll look right at it?

Done.
            God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.