On March 26, 2019 we launched new MODX Forums. Please join us at the new MODX Community Forums.
Subscribe: RSS
  • When I try and login to modx manager from mysite/manager i get a partial login screen which you can see here: http://www.3eimpact.org/manager/.

    When I access the manager from domain_that_is_one_level_above_modx_directory/modx_directory/manager/ it works fine. You can see here: http://modx.3eimpact.com/modx-2.0.0-beta/manager/

    I’m using 1and1 hosting for this site with mysql 5.0 and php 5.2.1.

    I saw a previous thread from back in July that mentioned checking browsers and file permissions. The problem is in all major browsers and as far as I can tell my files are all set to 644.

    Any ideas how I can login from mysite/manager ?

    -Matt
      God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
    • I had this problem before...can’t recall the thread now...is it the same in all browsers?

      cheers/k
      • Quote from: kongondo at Sep 07, 2009, 09:46 PM

        I had this problem before...can’t recall the thread now...is it the same in all browsers?

        cheers/k
        Me too. I think I solved it by re-running setup after setting a higher memory_limit in php.ini.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 07, 2009, 08:51 PM

          When I try and login to modx manager from mysite/manager i get a partial login screen which you can see here: http://www.3eimpact.org/manager/.

          When I access the manager from domain_that_is_one_level_above_modx_directory/modx_directory/manager/ it works fine. You can see here: http://modx.3eimpact.com/modx-2.0.0-beta/manager/

          I’m using 1and1 hosting for this site with mysql 5.0 and php 5.2.1.
          Hi Matt. 5.2.1 huh Really? Ugh, they need to keep a little more up-to-date. Same old 1and1 I guess; I once told a client I wouldn’t continue working on their project using 1and1, but your mileage may vary.

          Anyway, I’ve never seen anything like this before regarding the domain_that_is_one_level_above_modx_directory/modx_directory. What kind of configuration is this? Do you have it installed in a subdirectory configured for a modx. subdomain and the www. domain is redirected via .htaccess? Sorry, but this is a bit confusing on first peek...
          • No redirects. Also, I had the same problem with Bluehost (I’m not a big fan of 1and1 either - customer support is terrible). Directory structure is this:
            Level 1: (/) Web Root
            Level 2: (/3eimpact/) A bunch of different domains at this level - http://modx.3eimpact.com/ is pointed directly to the "3eimpact" directory which contains the old website that is not routed through ModX.
            Level 3: (/3eimpact/modx-2.0.0-beta/) Subfolder within "3eimpact" directory that contains revolution install. "3eimpact.org" is pointed directly to this folder.

            So:
            http://modx.3eimpact.com/ == /3eimpact/
            AND
            http://www.3eimpact.org/ == /3eimpact/modx-2.0.0-beta/

            When you asked "what kind of configuration is this" were you referring to the directery structure? If you meant something else let me know and I will get that info. In the meantime, I’m going to try installing modx directly in the web root instead of a subfolder and see if that fixes things. I hadn’t considered that possibility previously.

            Thanks for your help!

            -matt
              God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
            • Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 09, 2009, 04:16 AM

              No redirects. Also, I had the same problem with Bluehost (I’m not a big fan of 1and1 either - customer support is terrible). Directory structure is this:
              Level 1: (/) Web Root
              Level 2: (/3eimpact/) A bunch of different domains at this level - http://modx.3eimpact.com/ is pointed directly to the "3eimpact" directory which contains the old website that is not routed through ModX.
              Level 3: (/3eimpact/modx-2.0.0-beta/) Subfolder within "3eimpact" directory that contains revolution install. "3eimpact.org" is pointed directly to this folder.
              How exactly is the domain pointed directly to that folder? Via an Apache virtualhost configuration? If so, I’d be curious to see how that is configured. I’m not sure why that would make any difference, but I’m just not sure how these things or routed or what other issues might be involved. For instance, if you have .htaccess in any of the parent folders, those could be affecting it.
              • It appears as though the problem is solved by installing ModX directly to web root instead of to a subfolder. Thanks so much for your help!

                -matt

                p.s. On an unrelated note I’ve posted before about an error that occurs when adding a new web link when the "continue editing" option is selected but I haven’t received any responses. Is it just me (error is on Bluehost and 1and1) or is this problem occurring elsewhere? When I add a weblink with the "continue editing" option selected I get the following error (Note: Weblink is succesfully created even with error):

                Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /homepages/43/d248200557/htdocs/modx-2.0.0-beta/manager/controllers/resource/weblink/update.php on line 17

                The error does not occur when the "close" or "add another" option is selected.

                Thanks again for your help.



                  God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
                • Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 09, 2009, 07:08 AM

                  It appears as though the problem is solved by installing ModX directly to web root instead of to a subfolder. Thanks so much for your help!
                  I’d still love to figure out why there was a problem in the subfolder. If you get a chance and wouldn’t mind sharing some more details of how the domain/webserver is configured, it would certainly be helpful.

                  Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 09, 2009, 07:08 AM

                  p.s. On an unrelated note I’ve posted before about an error that occurs when adding a new web link when the "continue editing" option is selected but I haven’t received any responses. Is it just me (error is on Bluehost and 1and1) or is this problem occurring elsewhere? When I add a weblink with the "continue editing" option selected I get the following error (Note: Weblink is succesfully created even with error):

                  Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /homepages/43/d248200557/htdocs/modx-2.0.0-beta/manager/controllers/resource/weblink/update.php on line 17

                  The error does not occur when the "close" or "add another" option is selected.
                  I’ll check it out and add a ticket to Jira if I can reproduce. Thanks for reporting it!
                  • Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Sep 09, 2009, 07:08 AM

                    p.s. On an unrelated note I’ve posted before about an error that occurs when adding a new web link when the "continue editing" option is selected but I haven’t received any responses. Is it just me (error is on Bluehost and 1and1) or is this problem occurring elsewhere? When I add a weblink with the "continue editing" option selected I get the following error (Note: Weblink is succesfully created even with error):

                    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /homepages/43/d248200557/htdocs/modx-2.0.0-beta/manager/controllers/resource/weblink/update.php on line 17

                    The error does not occur when the "close" or "add another" option is selected.

                    Thanks again for your help.

                    Just tested this with the latest Revo SVN Build and I get the same error

                    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/manager/controllers/resource/weblink/update.php on line 17 Call Stack: 0.0008 668408 
                    1. {main}() /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/manager/index.php:0 0.1719 10405680
                    2. modManagerRequest->handleRequest() /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/manager/index.php:77 0.1735 10510944 
                    3. modManagerRequest->prepareResponse() /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php:153 0.1825 10746480 
                    4. modManagerResponse->outputContent() /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/core/model/modx/modmanagerrequest.class.php:198 0.2145 11185864 
                    5. include('/webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/manager/controllers/resource/weblink/update.php') /webroot/htdocs/www.revosvn.local/core/model/modx/modmanagerresponse.class.php:89 


                    cheers/k
                    -------------------------------
                    Apache 2.2
                    PHP 5.3
                    MySQL 5.1.37
                    FF 3.0.13
                    Linux
                    Revo SVN Build 5728
                    • [#MODX-1213]

                      Thanks guys!